Monday, May 4, 2009

Marvelous Merkins at Maggotfest


Wowza... that's all I can say about my 7th (?) Maggotfest. As always, the 'fest lived up to all expectations. The Merkins are like a dream come true. The weather was beautiful. The rugby was great. It was just as it should be. A big thanks to Diana for organizing this and for making rugby soooo much fun. I've been playing rugby with Dirty since 1995 and have a feeling I'll be playing with her and the Merkins for another 15 years.


A few highlights of my weekend:

  • We won all of our games (not that it matters, but who likes losing?). The only try scored against us was in the last game on Sunday, when Terri spilled her beer tackling one of the NDSU girls. The ref awarded them a penalty try.
  • That Guy's motorcycle (Its a little 90 - and not meant for 2!)
  • I got brought up on charges during The Highwaymen's Kangaroo Court as a representative of Dirty's Merkins... and I'd rather not tell you what I had to do.
  • Half of my merkin was torn off by a random dog who thought it was a chew toy - after tugging with the puppins for a few seconds, she finally let go and I got my merkin back (not even joking - see pic).
Here's a few of the "tame" pics:

The Carebear's from Eastside were my most favorite outfits by far.


Flowbee was Evil Knievel Carebear...

ORSU ladies represented well as the traveling circus. San Juanita went above and beyond as the Centar:


There are way too many stories for me to even begin (and most are not kid friendly), so if you want to know the details, just ask...

Merkins record so far: 8-0

Here's the rest of the pics from the weekend: Dirty's Merkin-a-licous Maggotfest 2009

0 comments: