Monday, May 11, 2009

Mom's day motorcyclin'

This was my first weekend at home in a month... and I was totally looking forward to being lazy and doing absolutely nothing. This is my idea of lazy:

Friday night, Reily had his spring concert at the school - holy crap, it was so friggin cute! They did a tribute to the USA and sang all sorts of patriotic songs. It was ridiculous. Seriously, even if you don't have kids, you should find a way to go see something like this (try not to look too creeper-like). It just makes you smile the entire time and walk away feeling like everything is good in the world. I was teary-eyed throughout the whole performance and grinning ear to ear.

Reily is on the top row, 3rd from the left (with the shaggy blond hair):


Saturday I woke up to a BEAUTIFUL sunny day in Oregon... I went to a spin class at 8:30 (rather then ride my bike outside, in the sun - I know, I'm stupid). BUT, by the time I was done with class, it was warming up to a balmy 60 degrees. I decided to take the motorcycle for a spin. And what better then to ride to the coast for some clam chowder. It was such a great ride! I made it to Lincoln City around 2:30 pm - stopped at McMenamin's for some iced tea and clam chowder - then turned around and went back home.



I did about 250 miles in about 4 hours... I'm trying to get my butt ready for a little Mexico/Baja road trip, but I've got a long way to go to be ready for that. If I do the trip, its going to be more like 400-500 mile days. When we did it last summer I was on the back of the bike and my butt was okay, but I have a feeling its A LOT different when you're the one driving.

Also, after much debate, and a conversation with my motorcycle guru, I sort of impulse bought a riding jacket and gloves (which, according the guy at the bike shop, only makes me look a little gay).

I got back to Gresham just in time to watch Reily's t-ball game with the family. It was an exhilerating 5 innings which ended in a tie - Yankees 45, Orange Team 45. Yes, you read that right. One of the great things about t-ball... everyone hits, everyone scores, every inning.

Sunday was spent ref'ing the U23 Grizzlies Probables vs Possibles rugby game in the morning, then riding my bike out to The Dalles for Mother's Day brunch with the family. On the way back home, my uncle Vern decided to ride back part of the way with me. His bike totally dwarfs mine - he just bought at brand new Honda Gold Wing. Its REAL fancy. Mine is still prettier though :-)

All-in-all, it was another great weekend.

My sister got some pretty cool shots of me riding home from The Dalles - ACTION SHOTS!

It was a really gorgeous ride too... I love the gorge.
Extreme close-up... but you can see me smiling w/my new coat (gay?)

I like this pic because you can see Kim smiling in the rear-view mirror

0 comments: