Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nostalgia at its finest

I'm going through a huge period of change in my life: the end of the school year, moving 1500 miles, the uncertainty of a job, letting go, etc... and so I got to thinking about everything I've done in this past year. Sometimes I get nostalgic... okay, scratch that - MOST of the time I'm nostalgic. I love looking at pictures. Your pictures, my pictures, your friends pictures. And I take a lot of them - shocking, I know - but, when I look back at my pics, it just reminds me of how much I have to be thankful for.

I have no regrets whatsoever about my life as it is today - May 21, 2009. It's not to say there hasn't been some rough spots along the way, but the ups have FAR outweighed the downs.

Oh, and its worth noting that if I emailed this to you, its because you are a part of my memories and without you, my adventures are nothing.

So here you go, the year (give or take) in review...

March 2008: Champagne Classic in San Diego and my first encounter with the Lady Blues. Who knew that Suda and I would become LDBFF's...

March 2008: Hong Kong 7's. Johnny Hambone was the best host ever and how great is it that we made it on the Jumbo-Tron no less then 10 times on Sunday!

April 2008: Maggotfest in Missoula MT... oh boy. SCORTSU was a match made in heaven. Best Play on the Pitch.

May 2008: Sasquatch Music Festival in the Gorge. 2 days of Michael Franti, Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie, The Cure.


June 2008: Mexico Road Trip. 3000 miles on the back of BMW R1150GS. I'm not sure if life gets better than this...


June 2008 - August 2008: Yelapa, MX. Sometimes it doesn't even seem real...
Surfing with Suda in Sayulita


Spending hours reading with Canela at my feet

Beach time with Amber & Brandini

5 days of SCUBA diving with Rene, Martin, Franco, Pollo & Adrienne


June 2008: Suisun Valley, CA - Suzy and Kai FINALLY get married. Long time coming. Beautiful wedding, fun night!


August 2008: Last days of summer in AZ and an Arizona Road Trip. Another 500 miles on the GS through Prescott, Sedona, and Flagstaff. Great way to end the summer

September 2008 - October 2008: OTD. ORSU Total Domination. From San Fran to Seattle to St. Louis and finishing 9th in the nation.


November 2008: 2008 Baja 1000. Ensenada, MX. AMAZING experience to be on a chase team for a solo Motorcycle Iron Rider who placed 3rd.

December 2008: Dirty's Merkins make their official 15's debut and take home the medal at the Wild West Fest.

December 2008 - January 2009: Winter Road Trip - just me and the Lezterra

Yosemite

Death Valley

Glamis Sand Dunes

Joshua Tree

Tempe, AZ



January 2009: PF Chang Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon in Phoenix, AZ. My first 13.1 miler. Never thought I'd ever do something like this...

February 2009: Mini-Mexico Road trip. Add 700 more miles on the back of the GS. This time to Yuma, El Golfo and Rocky Point.


February 2009: IRB 7's in San Diego.

March 2009: Bartlett Lake Triathlon. Suda takes 1st place, I take 2nd place in the Athena Division for our first ever triathlon.

March 2009: Spring Break in AZ -
Spring training with Rosey

My first motorcycle. BEAUTIFUL.


April 2009: Terrible's 250 in Primm, NV. This time I was stationed at Pit #2 for the Dragonfire Class 1 car. LOVE IT!


April 2009: McDowell Mountain Music Festival in Scottsdale, AZ. VIP passes for Suda and I. 2 hours of Michael Franti.

May 2009: Maggotfest revisited. Dirty's Merkins remain undefeated. 'nuf said.

May 2009: Tempe Int'l Triathlon. Another medal for Suda and I (or rather, a marble box). Suda takes 2nd, I take 3rd and Quickdraw takes 4th in the Athena division.

STAY TUNED for more adventures!!

0 comments: