Sunday, April 12, 2009

OUCH!

I don't remember hurting this bad after a rugby game... I knew it was going to be a long day when I wanted to take a break halfway through THE WARM UP LAP - not a good sign. And, is it a bad thing when your fingers bend all the way back and touch the top of your hand? Cuz that happened about 30 minutes into the game... and today, the palm of my hand is bruised and I can't bend my fingers. Pretty sure something isn't right.

Then I went and got a little lazy with like 5 minutes to go in the game - I ended up on the receiving end of a huge rib-crushing tackle. I don't remember Erica being that fast... It wouldn't have been so bad but all of my weight and her weight came crashing down on my left ankle. I now have a ankle that's twice the size its supposed to be.... oh and I still have gravel in my knee too.


(you guessed it, these pics are NOT from the game I've been bitchin' about... these are from Berkeley last fall - where I also got my ass kicked.)

WOW - this could quite possibly be the whiniest posting of all time! Sorry, let me change gears...

We won the game, and that's really all that matters. I think the score was something around 42-10. And then we finished the night off with a fairly successful fundraiser. Everyone on the team chipped in and did a killer job. The men's team bought a ton of auction gear and in the end I think we raised about $2000. SWEET!

Sunday, I woke up to Reily and Keegan searching for Easter Eggs. Then helped Chris make breakfast - he made Capt'n Crunch french toast, I made Monte Cristos for everyone. I'm not sure what to think of the Capt'n Crunch french toast, but you better believe the Monte Cristos were off the hook! We finished Easter Sunday off with giant prawns, filet mignon, grilled veggies and my special German potato salad.

Aside from the broken hand, jenky ankle and gravelly knee, I'd say this was a pretty good weekend.

0 comments: