Thursday, November 4, 2010

Return to the Scene of the Crime

I just thought I'd share an awesome episode of "This American Life". I first heard it this summer, driving to Yellowstone and I think I've listened to it a dozen times since. If you're short on time, go right to Act One (@11:17) - it makes me laugh and then fast forward to Act Three (@37:47) - it makes me cry.

Return To The Scene Of The Crime


And then I heard a great quote today and it seemed to just make so much sense to me:

"Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been different"

You can't change the past... you can leave doors open, but the past is the past and we can only hope to learn and move forward. I often find myself returning the scene of the crime - be it good or bad, but I think maybe its time to forge ahead and leave the past where it belongs.

0 comments: