Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It Starts Here.

I used to be a pretty happy go lucky kid. I used to laugh ALL the time, smile for no reason and make those around me laugh too. I was confident in who I was and didn't doubt my path. But recently, I've felt that slipping away from me. And I realized that the more I encounter deceitful people, the more the wind has been taken out of my sail.

I hate - emphasize HATE - being let down. Disappointment eats at my very core. And the worst disappointment, is when you truly believe, with every ounce of your being, that someone is a good person. You give them every benefit of the doubt, defend them to all the nay-sayers, and trust that they have only good intentions. And being a semi-untrusting person to begin with, makes all this even harder because I'm not one to let a whole lot of people in.

So, before its too late, I need to figure out how to turn this around! I have always been a big believer in the power of positive vibes. That if you think good thoughts, good things WILL happen. And I know that lately I've let myself get sidetracked by a lot of negative thoughts. Its so easy to get sucked into someone else's world and forget what makes YOU truly happy.

I think after major let downs in my life, I need to remind myself of all the great things I enjoy most. So, its back to ME (again). Back to reminding myself of all the things that make me really, really happy... like adventuring outdoors (well, once this damn triple digits weather goes away), and playing rugby with awesome peeps (old age and treachery baby!), and teaching my students every day how to be better people (along with some history and econ too), and going home to see my family (miss you guys!) and traveling (time to get out of the country again).

So, I'm sorry if I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but its so easy to forget these things when you let yourself get stuck in a moment. I hope the next blog is about my next big adventure... Baja 1000? Motorcycle trip to anywhere? SCUBA in Yelapa? Hiking Machu Pichu? RWC in New Zealand? Sure, why not!

Quotes for the day (courtesy of Rob & Big):

"I love it every time someone gets their heart full. "


Just Me...


0 comments: